Ei208 Electronics Carbon Monoxide Detector Battery Operated
- Proven electrochemical sensor (7 year operational life)
- Powered-for-Life sealed lithium battery
- End of life indication
- Easy to use large Test/Hush button
- Pre-alarm indication gives early warning of CO
- Loud distinct alarm sound (85 dB(A) minimum at 3m)
- Memory feature indicates if CO has been previously detected
- Power, alarm and fault indicator lights
The Ei208 Carbon Monoxide (CO) alarm is supplied with a powered-for-life sealed lithium battery.
The alarm has a high performance, proven electrochemical sensor to sense CO presence. The sensor is individually calibrated and tested in Carbon Monoxide (CO) gas to ensure accuracy.
The memory feature records the last CO alarm level and can be useful to check if CO has been present while the home owner or tenant was absent from the property.
An easy to use Test/Hush button allows the user to check the alarm. This checks all aspects of the alarm (sensor,electronics, battery and sounder).
The alarm has an “End of Life” indicator which will notify the user when the alarm needs replacing at the end of its 7 year operational life.
The alarm has a twist on mounting base which has multiple fixing points so it can easily be secured to a ceiling or wall. The fixing screws are supplied with the alarm.
While it is always best to fix the alarm position, it is also designed for desktop and table mounting. This makes the alarm portable for use in holiday homes and for frequent travelers.
When toxic levels of Carbon Monoxide are detected, the alarm will sound and the red alarm light will flash as detailed below:
|< 43 ppm
|43 to 80 ppm
||1 flash every 2 seconds
||On after 60 - 90 mins
|80 to 150 ppm
||1 flash every second
||On after 10 - 40 mins
||2 flashes every second
||On within 2 minutes
- The alarm will automatically clear when CO gas clears
- An ‘End of Life’, sensor failure or low battery condition will be notified by visual and audible indicators
- Test/Hush button operation:
- When ‘pressed and held’ it will perform a test of the sensor, electronics, battery and sounder
- When ‘pressed briefly’ it will Hush (silence) the sounding alarm
- As a safety feature the Hush (silence) button will not work if the CO level detected is greater than 150ppm